A petition calling for legislation to legalize unlocking cell phones has passed the magic 100,000 mark, mandating a White House response -- and guess what? The Obama administration says it agrees that consumers should have the right to reprogram their phones to work on any carrier's network.
Sina Khanifar, a San Francisco entrepreneur, started this whole movement, and it's picked up steam quickly. Now, with the Obama administration on board, he just needs a member of Congress to introduce a bill overruling the Library of Congress and freeing the cell phones.
Rep. Pelosi, who represents San Francisco, would be an excellent choice to carry the legislation, no?
Most Commented On
- That's anon's modus operandi - May 23, 2013
- Israel kills more - May 23, 2013
- Considering the past and present treatment of - May 23, 2013
- Street music - May 23, 2013
- I wish I could react with excitement - May 23, 2013
- Let me get this straight: - May 23, 2013
- that location has been a club - May 23, 2013
- Don Corleone would be proud. - May 23, 2013
- Well, anon and Lucretia Snapples - May 23, 2013
- Important Question - May 23, 2013